- Turn your basic eyeliner into a super intense gel liner by running the tip over a lighter flame and letting cool for 15 seconds before applying.
- Make any eye shadow pop by applying white eyeliner to your entire eyelid prior to eye shadow.
- Cover up dark under eye circles by applying concealer in a triangle shape.
- After applying lipstick, stick your finger in your mouth and pull it out to remove excess and avoid getting lipstick on your teeth.
- Set your lipstick so it lasts by applying then putting a tissue over your lips. Next apply a translucent powder over the tissue, and tada!
- Instead of shelling out mega bucks for lip venom, add a drop of peppermint oil to your favorite gloss for a DIY plumper.
- Between applying each coat of mascara, dip a Q-tip in baby powder and run across your lashes, focusing on the tips. The second coat will attach to the powder for a longer, fuller look.
- Get rid of your split ends by twisting sections of hair and snipping any pieces you see sticking out.
- DIY instructions for an incredibly fast top knot you can do at work or in your car:
1. Gather your hair up into a high ponytail at the top of your crown. Secure with an elastic.
2. Divide the ponytail ends into two sections and use both hands to twist each section down to the ends.
3. Wrap each twist in opposite directions around the base of your elastic. Make sure each twist is wrapped around evenly.
4. Secure with bobby pins.
- Save money by making your own nail shellac with an essie brand polish, Sally Hansen hard as wraps acrylic gel, and Sally Hansen no chip top coat.
- When going for a dramatic winged look with eyeliner, draw the outline of the shape then fill in with color.
- Perfect an at home french manicure by using a rubber band wrapped around your finger as a straight edge when applying polish.
- Use a business card to pull your eyelid up so you can get right to the base of your eye when applying mascara.
- Use the round edge of a spoon when applying eyeliner to get a perfect winged shape.
- Easiest nail art ever~ Bandaids with holes for perfect baby polka dots.
Forgo eyeshadow and instead, crosshatch gel liner onto lids and blend for long-lasting, budge-proof coverage.
- Check your makeup when you get in the car, you will have a more natural light source than bathroom lighting.
- If you’re doing a smokey eye look that requires a lot of blending, use one brush to apply and another clean brush to blend.
- Use elmers glue as a base coat under glitter nail polish for easy removal.
- You can also use it around your nails and peel off after a home manicure to avoid mistakes!
- Use pale frosted eyeshadow in the center of your freshly applied lipstick to give the illusion of fuller lips.
- Flat iron your braids to create long lasting waves.
- Use shimmer eyeshadow in the corners of your eyes to make them appear brighter.
- Apply perfume to the base of your neck, behind your ear, and inside of your wrist to make your scent last all day.