1 1/2 ounces blanco 100% agave tequila
1/2 ounce cointreau
1 ounce freshly squeeze lime juice
kosher salt for rimming glasses
blue food coloring
blue rock candy for garnish (you can find for $1 at any candy store)
01. first make and freeze the blue crystal meth ice. fill a small baking sheet with water and stir in a few drops of your food coloring. leave in freezer for a couple of hours.
02. dye the salt by putting two drops of the food coloring into a spoon and mixing it around in your shallow bowl full of salt until you’re happy with the color.
03. using a lime or a damp paper towel, wet the rims of the glasses and dip into the salt.
04. when the ice is fully frozen, take a knife and smash it up into pieces.
05. with the glass full of ice, pour tequila, lime juice, and cointreau; and stir a few times until chilled. add more ice after pouring for the full crystal meth effect. i did NOT food color the drink, the second it was stirred it turned this blue.
06. garnish with rock candy. i also happened to have blue straws that i cut down to fit. serve with chicken or funyons.