Pomegranate Pumpkin Bread!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Pomegranate Pumpkin Bread uses pumpkin instead of oil for a lighter treat and Quaker Oats for a little crunch.
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Quaker Oats
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Seeds from one pomegranate (about 1 cup)
- Cream cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat 8½” loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Toss pomegranate seeds in the flour mix to coat.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mix. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Top individual slices with softened cream cheese if desired