In honor of national cookie day and Christmas, we bring you recipes galore!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT COOKIES
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup candy cane pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and peppermint until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Use cookie scoop to drop cookies onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Press candy cane pieces on top.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
HOT COCOA COOKIES
- 1 cup butter, softened (Or Butter Flavored Crisco)
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (ghiradelli are dairy free)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set.
- Immediately top with three mini marshmallows when you remove the cookies from the oven.
- If more gooey marshmallow is desired place marshmallow topped cookies back in the oven for 1 mintute.
- Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
REESES PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE BITES
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, soft
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
24-36 peanut butter cup minis
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Stir flour, baking sod and salt and set aside.
3. Cream together butter and peanut butter. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Add in flour mixture and combine.
4. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place in a mini muffin pan. Press 1 mini peanut butter cup in center and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool and drizzle with melted chocolate chips.