We’re back on our food holidays for 2014 bringing you recipes daily.
In honor of National Apricot Day:
“Apricot and White Chocolate Coffee Cake”
- 2cups biscuit baking mix
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 TBSP canola oil
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and sugar. Whisk the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips. Pour into a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Drop preserves by teaspoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the preserves.
- For topping, combine biscuit mix and sugar in small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
“Fresh Apricot Salsa”
- 1 pound firm-ripe apricots, pitted and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeño chilies, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Mix apricots with bell pepper, jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt.